The Sonoma Coast


The Sonoma coast along Hwy 1 in California

A few times when I was driving down Highway 1, along the Sonoma coast, I had a feeling of deja vu. As I twisted and turned down the hairpin curves, trying to keep my eyes on the road and not the view, I was reminded of the Ring of Kerry in Ireland. 

Here's the Ring of Kerry. 


Both drives are stunningly beautiful. Hwy 1 is living up to its reputation.





Undaunted by getting lost earlier in the day, I stopped at the Sonoma Coast Beach to take a short hike on a paved path. I was the only one there.


 


I've been fortunate that the weather has been gorgeous.




Here's another part of Sonoma county that reminds me of Ireland. Lots of grazing cows and sheep on green hillsides, not far from the ocean.




Onward to the magical city of San Francisco, where there will be lots of people.

Waiting to cross the Golden Gate Bridge at sunset.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Sidewalks: Walk # 37, Hollywood Bowl & Hightower Loop

Greatest Photo Hits

College Friends