Myra & L.A. Live



I went to the University of Southern California from 1979-1982. Freshman year I lived in a dorm called Marks Tower. It was a fun year, and I keep in touch with some of my fellow dormies, including Myra, above. Myra was a brainiac, who majored in chemistry. She went onto earn her masters degree and many post graduate hours in chemistry at UCLA. We have forgiven her. 


Myra suggested that we meet at L.A. Live, which I had never heard of. It's an entertainment complex downtown that seems like Los Angeles's version of Times Square combined with Rockefeller Plaza.


Complete with a Christmas tree and skating rink!


As a side note on the traffic: it took me over a half an hour to drive 7 miles on the freeway from my hotel to L.A. Live. Once I got downtown, I wasn't really sure where I was going and Googlemaps didn't help that much. It was only by the grace of God that I found a parking spot and then the right place to meet Myra.


We had a good meal at the Yard House and then walked around, soaking up the atmosphere.


Even though they have all the holiday decorations up, it never feels like Christmas to me in the warm weather.


I saw this on the way out: the Original Pantry, which has never closed since its opening in 1924. We went to this LA landmark a few times in college for a late night breakfast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Sidewalks: Walk # 37, Hollywood Bowl & Hightower Loop

Greatest Photo Hits

College Friends